This project is read-only.

Disable refresh after x seconds

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:02 PM
Hallo
thank you for CameraProxy, I use this software without any problems.
Two questions:
1) I've seen that in the code is the variable disableRefreshAfter set to 600000. There is a way to change this variable to a less number without recompile?

2) By opening the project into VisualStudio, the line 151 of VlcCamera,cs has an error (IVideoPlayer does not contain a definition for CustomRenderer2...). I've modified to CustomRenderer. Is that correct?

Thank you and sorry for my english :)

Daniele
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Edited Jul 7, 2016 at 10:02 PM
Hello.

For the dynamically-generated pages fed by URLs ending in ".cam", that number is hard coded and can't be changed without recompiling. Otherwise there is a URL parameter "override=1" which will disable the refresh timer so it will continue refreshing indefinitely. (.e.g "/image/front.cam?override=1"). Sorry, I know it is clunky, but I built this a long time ago and haven't had enough time or interest to improve it :)

The CustomRenderer thing is a little complicated. At some point, I modified the nVLC library to add a CustomRenderer2 object to make it more efficient or to fix a memory leak or something ... I forget the reason. Anyway I neglected to upload the source of that change anywhere before, so here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72769267/Other/nVLC.7z

Of course the already-built dll files from this modified nVLC version are included in the CameraProxy source tree and release zips, so you don't really need to build nVLC from source unless you want to make your own changes to it. The MJpegCameraProxy project should have already referenced the modified dll files so I'm a little surprised you ran into this problem.
Jul 8, 2016 at 7:35 PM
Hello

thank you for the response. I've copied the library files of modified nVLC into the project. Now it is OK! I can build without Problem.

Thank you

Regards