Support for D-Link PTZ cameras

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:02 AM
I have to say, this Camera Proxy is awesome! This is the perfect solution for our setup at home.

However, there's one thing I would like to ask - Will there be support for the PTZ functions of D'Link Cameras in the future?
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2014 at 1:50 PM
I don't have a d-link PTZ camera, so probably not. If you really want it I suppose you could set up remote access to it and I could figure out its communication protocol and implement it.
Apr 1, 2014 at 3:00 AM
I just found a document with the cgi commands syntax for the PTZ functions of D-Link cameras (pages 19-20):
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/URL%20Commands/URL%20command%20for%20DCS-5220,%20DCS-2120_2007_06_06.pdf

Would be awesome if you could add this to cameraproxy. :)

Another issue, I have a Wansview MCH537 PTZ on my network.
I've tried the Wansview PTZ setting and it doesn't seem to work (perhaps different models?).
I've opened up the html source on my cam and the PTZ cgi is: "cgi-bin/hi3510/ytdown.cgi" "cgi-bin/hi3510/ytleft.cgi" etc
Would mine a different Wansview series?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Wanscam is the brand I implemented. Wansview is a different brand.

I'm going to add support for custom PTZ profiles. Can't say when it will be done and released. Maybe today, maybe later this week or next week.
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2014 at 9:01 PM
I added custom PTZ profile support. It is in the admin interface now.
  • Add a new profile
  • Replace the placeholder URLs for all the relevant pan and tilt actions with real URLs for your camera
  • Save the profile
You should now have an xml file in the CameraProxy/PTZProfiles directory, named the same as your new PTZ profile.
  • In your camera configuration, choose PTZ Type CustomPTZProfile and in the Profile Name box that appears below, enter the exact profile name as it appears on the ptz profiles page.
If you want you can paste working PTZ Profile xml files here and I may include them in future releases.