Supported camera list

May 22, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Hello,

Could someone publish a list of cameras that have been tested to work with the Camera Proxy software?
I have Air Live WL-5460CAM camera and I can not make it work with it.

Thank you very much in advance.
Coordinator
May 22, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Almost any IP camera can be made to work with this. I haven't found one yet that I couldn't easily make work. The trick is figuring out the Video URLs you need to use.

If you don't mind port forwarding to your camera and sending me connection info, I'd be happy to look at it and find a working video URL and I could even build you a PTZ profile most likely.

Anyway, I was unable to find any URLs in the product's documentation so I recommend checking out ispyconnect's URL lists. Here is their list for Air Live cameras: http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=airlive

Your model is not specifically on that list, but it is likely that similar Air Live models will use the same URLs. If I were you I'd start with URLs for the other WL-xxxxCAM models from the list. Before you start, make sure you've entered the correct user name and password if your camera requires authentication to use its web interface. Cameraproxy doesn't report most errors to its web interface so if you have an authentication error it might only show up in the error log file or not show up at all.

Also be sure to specify the correct camera type in cameraproxy when you try each URL. JPEG and MJPEG URLs from ispyconnect's list each have their own camera types in cameraproxy, while VLC and FFMPEG URLs both work in the vlc_transcode camera type.