Thank you for creating CameraProxy, plus a question

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2015 at 11:55 PM
This is such a great program. I didn't want to open my ports to my cameras, so CameraProxy is perfect. Is there any way to limit users to specific cameras?
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Thanks.

It does have rudimentary user access limits. You can use the Minimum User Permission setting on cameras along with the Permission Level setting of users. If you set a permission level of 0 for any camera, then it will be accessible without logging in. Any other permission setting from 1 to 100 will require the user to log in to a user account with at least that permission level. Level 100 is the same as an administrator account, which would allow a person to access the /admin/ functionality.

Also worth noting, when any user logs in, their user name and encrypted password gets stored in a cookie with a very long expiration date (over a year). As long as the cookie does not get cleared and the user name or password does not get changed on the admin pages, that browser will remain authenticated with CameraProxy for a very long time. So be careful with where and how you log in.

If you are looking for a more powerful application for camera streaming, I recommend you try Blue Iris. It is not free, but it is actively updated and very well supported, and its feature set blows CameraProxy away. Most of my camera-related development time goes into building a custom web interface for Blue Iris, which you can find here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page

Brian

On 11/18/2015 4:55 PM, Euly wrote:

This is such a great program. I didn't want to open my ports to my cameras, so camera proxy is perfect. Is there anyway to limit users to specific cameras?